From financial plans to home remodeling, it’s common to be tempted to DIY your way there. But should you? When you do it on your own, you may be swayed by emotions or confusion. Financial planning can be complicated. Have you thought about taxes or estate planning or when to withdraw and from where?
Having a financial advisor can help navigate those emotions and decisions so you can feel more at ease. From retirement income to tax strategies on an investment property, Brian shares what options you might have.
Here’s what you’ll learn on today’s show:
- Why shouldn’t you plan retirement by yourself? (0:12)
- What having a pension can look like. (4:06)
- Tax planning plays a key role in financial planning. (7:42)
- Is there such thing as guaranteed income in retirement? (11:14)
- Bonds are more predictable but still not guaranteed. (15:47)
- Mailbag: What do we do about the taxes on selling our lake house? (18:46)