The Perceived Value Of Variable Annuities
In honor of Suze Orman celebrating her birthday, Brian talks about some of her opinions regarding variable annuities. Are they a good fit for you? What do you need to consider? Let’s talk about it.
(Click the featured times below to jump forward in the episode)
[0:15] How long should your money last?
- Successful financial guru, Suze Orman, has always been a big proponent of financial planning.
- She says you could get hit by a car or have a random injury – and she’s right.
- You should plan until you’re 90 or 100, you just don’t know what will happen.
[3:28] Variable annuities
- Suze Orman was a financial advisor in the past, and she also did a video explaining variable annuities.
- Brian shares a client example of someone who was stuck with a variable annuity.
- If anybody is trying to sell you a variable annuity, you need to find another advisor (even if they are nice).
- There are a lot of things you can invest in, whereas the variable annuities have five SEC cautions.
- Find out the fees of your current investments.
- Dave Ramsey has also blasted variable annuities.
Brian Bowen, President of Integrity Financial Planning, has provided financial and retirement planning services to clients across the country.