Paying More And Paying Attention
Do you want to pay more in taxes? How much attention should you give to the stock market? Brian answers these key questions in today’s podcast and explains why.
(Click the featured times below to jump forward in the episode)
[0:24] –Want to Pay More In Taxes?
- Most people would rather keep the money they’ve earned.
- Warren Buffett once said he thought the rich were undertaxed.
- Tax planning should take longer than five minutes. You need to determine what you’d like to accomplish.
- Brian shares the story of a couple who were making a lot of charitable contributions. They needed a tax strategy.
- Ask yourself, “What are my hopes, dreams, and goals?” Then strategize how to accomplish those goals with your money.
- Make sure to find a comprehensive financial planner.
[7:02] –Do You Pay Attention to the Stock Market?
- What is a long-term investment? At least three years.
- Brian shares about potential clients who only want to put money in low-risk investments.
- Don’t pay attention to the stock market every day. It’s a long-term game.
- If you have short-term needs, set money aside in short-term investments.
Brian Bowen – Contact