How Much Money Should You Invest In The Market?
A big question when it comes to saving for retirement is, “How much money should you invest in the market?” However, the more important question is “How much risk are you comfortable having in your portfolio?” Brian walks us through a few ways you can play it safe or take on risk when it comes to retirement.
(Click the featured times below to jump forward in the episode)
[0:15] How Much Money Should You Invest?
- You need to think about how much risk you’re taking.
- You should do an assessment every year to look at what you have.
- Brian breaks down some of the numbers on what may look safe to some clients.
- There isn’t a right or wrong answer on how much risk to have, it’s about what you are comfortable with.
- Brian talks about money markets, annuities, and accounts that are more protected.
[5:02] How Much Risk Are You Comfortable Having In Your Portfolio?
- Brian shares a client example of someone who had aggressive accounts but wanted to be more conservative.
- It’s important to be honest with yourself.
- Getting a second opinion can help when you are dealing with your entire nest egg.
- Look at what’s best for you.
Brian Bowen – Contact