Episode #12: Advice For Entrepreneurs
“RETIRE WITH INTEGRITY” PODCAST
We live in an age of unprecedented entrepreneurship – see Apple and Amazon. Brian shares advice for entrepreneurs wanting to invest in the next big company.
(Click the featured times below to jump forward in the episode)
[00:15] – Entrepreneurs: We’ve All Heard Of The Success Story.
- They worked hard, and with a little bit of luck along the way, they launched two of the most valuable companies on the planet.
- If you invested in either of those companies at their start, you’ve probably done pretty well. However, you can rarely count on the magic investing bullet.
[2:00] – Is The Bull Run Here To Stay?
- The short answer is no. That’s why we call it a bull run. The bulls can’t run forever. While we’ll certainly take advantage of the bull market while it’s here, we need to plan for a market correction at some point in the future.
- When the bull run comes to an end, you need to preserve your money. Entrepreneurs are always going to have great ideas, but if you’re in your 60s, 70s, and 80s, you can’t afford to take the risk. You’re in what’s called a “preservation” stage of life.
[4:57] – Who Will Be The Next Amazon Or Apple?
- We don’t know, and that’s the point. There’s always going to be a winner amongst the great ideas. However, individual stocks always have a lot of risk attached to them. While the market as a whole will never drop to zero, an individual company can. That’s why it’s always important to protect your wealth and diversify your portfolio.
The host: Brian Bowen – Contact